As an Analytics 360 user, you have access to integrate DoubleClick Campaign Manager data into reports, as well as create remarketing lists in Analytics 360 that are shared with DoubleClick Bid Manager.
The power of the DoubleClick integration comes from the data and information provided through Analytics 360. The tool is an enhanced version of standard Google Analytics, with more processing power, deeper analysis capabilities, improved account management and dedicated support from your Certified Google Marketing Partner, Jellyfish.
Standard Google Analytics provides a strong foundation and reporting capabilities for any website or mobile app. However, as the volume of traffic increases to an enterprise level (over 10M hits/month), Analytics 360 is the only way to ensure the full and accurate picture of your data. This is the ultimate tool for delivering tailored reports for organizations that require high volumes of integrated data to be regularly processed and reported, with the added advantage of un-sampled reporting and customization.
How does it work?
Through Analytics 360, marketers are able to create highly customized and sophisticated audience lists in a way that is not possible through standard Google Analytics. Audiences can be defined based on virtually any on-site action you can measure. The integration means you can optimize your RTB activity and create relevant ad creatives to drive the desired action that a user performs on your website.
Taking the extensive segmenting options from your website’s audience, with the almost limitless landscape of quality websites through the DoubleClick network, the integration of the two opens up the possibilities to reach potential audiences and maximizes your ad spend. For example:
- Suppose we are in the market for new rain boots and we notice an email from a retailer at which we frequently shop. The email offers a tempting discount for 20% off our favorite brand of rain boots. Perfect. We click on the email link and it takes us to the product page. This becomes the first touch point in our journey.
- After browsing the site, we add the rain boots and a rain jacket to our shopping cart but do not checkout. We decide we want to shop around to ensure we get the best deal. While visiting another site for spring clothing, an ad is displayed featuring the rain boots we had our eye on. When we added the products to our shopping cart, we were identified as a high-value user through Analytics 360 and the information was fed to DoubleClick through which we were retargeted.
- By clicking on the ad, and returning the website, it registers this as another touch point in our journey. Each touchpoint can be measured and analyzed through Analytics 360 providing a better understanding of our full journey that led to a purchase both on and off the site.
- Being the skilled multi-taskers that we are, we’ve also bought a fancy new coffee maker with a built-in grinder. While browsing for other goodies, we notice an ad for gourmet coffee, ‘Perfect beans for your morning cup of coffee’. Uncanny? Nope, just DoubleClick working its magic.
- By creating audience segments within Analytics 360, they can be utilized to cross-sell products related to coffee makers, for the specific audiences that have already purchased them.
This is how users are targeted and driven to a conversion through DoubleClick using Analytics 360 data.
DCM tracks these ads and the associated clicks, impressions and ROI goals to the customer journey. This includes both post-impression and post-click activities, taking into account every touch point along the journey to conversion.
Click, impression data, page views, and sessions are used together, through the DoubleClick and Analytics 360 integration, to gain a complete view of how display and different channels work collectively to push conversions and engagement. In the image below, Analytics 360 presents each touchpoint in the user journey. From this, further insight into what channels are ultimately leading to a conversion is gained, and the appropriate remarketing can be applied.
Vital remarketing lists of all your top users can be created in Analytics 360 and shared across DoubleClick platforms, including DoubleClick Bid Manager. List are updated in real-time, which can promptly launch another contact with your users, such as an ad after someone has abandoned their shopping cart. What’s even more impressive is that over time impression data can begin to feed into attribution models.